Sunday, September 4, 2016

Scarecrow Candy Basket

Hello!  Every once in awhile I get super excited to show you all something...well, today is one of those days!!!  I needed some sort of a fall candy holder so I started playing around and I am thrilled with how cute this turned out!!


How cute is this scarecrow???  He is from the new Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set.  Some of you may remember that one of my all time favorite SU! products has been the Berry Basket Die (now retired), so I couldn't resist using it with the scarecrow.  I weaved a 1/2" strip of Cajun Craze cardstock through the slats to give the basket some extra stability. I cut thin strips of Crushed Curry cardstock, crumbled them, and then glued them to the basket.  The scarecrow is mounted with Dimensionals.


Here's another view of the basket.  You can see from this view that I sponged the edges of my cardstock with Crumb Cake ink.  The scarecrow was stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock and colored in using ink pads and a Blender Pen.

Supplies
Stamp Set:  Cookie Cutter Halloween
Ink:  Basic Black, Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Garden Green,
        Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Kraft Cardstock, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
Big Shot:  Berry Basket Die (retired)
Punch:  Cookie Cutter Builder
Extras:  Dimensionals,  Handheld Stapler

Thanks so stopping by!  Hope you enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DSC#232 Custom Tee

Hello!  When I first saw this week's color challenge I grabbed some flower stamp sets to work with. Then I thought I should take a ...