Wednesday, December 14, 2016

DSC#210 Metallics


Hi!  Boy, I have to admit that when I saw today's challenge that I panicked for a minute.  Metallics are just not my thing, but I owned more than I thought I did and it all worked out!  As a matter of fact, I ended up making not one, but three cards! LOL

First, I tried playing with my gold and silver foil paper and the Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies.  I stamped on the Real Red card base with Real Red ink and a stamp from the Christmas Pines stamp set.  I glued the pieces onto the card and then added a bow with some Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine.  It's hard to see, but it has some red metallic thread weaved in there!

For this card I used Whisper White cardstock and heat embossed two trees using the Peaceful Pines stamp set and Silver and Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder.  Both trees were cut out using my Big Shot and the Perfect Pines Framelits Dies.  FYI - the little tag at the top is from a retired framelits set,  and it is attached using several strands of Copper Metallic Thread. (Sorry this photo is so lame. It's really a pretty, and shiny card.)

Last, I heat embossed the two outside Peaceful Pines with Copper Emboss Powder and the middle one was heat embossed with Silver Emboss Powder.  As you can tell, I also cut these out using Perfect Pines Framelits and my Big Shot. I added a bow made with Copper Metallic Thread to the top of the silver one for a little extra something! 

This was a fun challenge for me - always nice to step out of your comfort zone and try something new.

Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Peaceful Pines, Christmas Pines
Paper:  Whisper White, Garden Green, Night of Navy, Real Red, Gold & Silver Metallic
Ink:  VersaMark, Real Red
Big Shot:  Perfect Pines Framelits, Pretty Pines Thinlits
Ribbon:  Copper Metallic Thread, Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...