Wednesday, January 4, 2017

DSC#212 Hey, Chick


Hi!  I must admit that when I first saw these three colors I wasn't too thrilled...just not into yellow or orange...but then I thought that's what these challenges are all about, trying something different.  Boy, am I glad I did!  I've been wanting to use the Sale-A-Bration stamp set called Hey, Chick ever since I got it, but haven't taken the time until today.  It was perfect for these colors and I am beyond happy with how this card turned out!


The stamp set comes with 3 chicks, but this is my favorite.  Isn't she fun?! I even stamped part of her on the bottom left corner of my envelope.  When I first added the layers I didn't stamp on them and I felt like something was missing.  Looking through my stamp sets I came across Timeless Textures and knew right away that I found just what I wanted to finish them off.  After stamping the image on Shimmery White cardstock I used my Blender Pens dabbed onto my ink pads to color the chick in.

Supplies
Stampe Set:  Hey, Chick (2017 Sale-A-Bration)
Paper:  Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry, Shimmery White
Ink:  Basic Black, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you enjoyed the blog hop.


2 comments:

  1. That chicken cracks me up! Looks awesome with blue hair...fun! Thanks for playing along for this weeks' DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mop-headed chick makes me smile everytime - one a fun way to use the color scheme. I like that you stamped the corners of the blue layer with the speckles for just a bit extra interest.

    ReplyDelete

Mitten Banner

Hello! Just a quick post today showing you this cute little mitten banner I made using the Many Mittens Framelits Dies and my Big shot. ...