Wednesday, February 15, 2017

DSC#218 No Bones & Ribbon


Hello! I have to admit that this week's challenge was a real challenge for me!!  LOL  I have a ton of ribbon (most of it retired), but I just don't use it a lot.  Partly because it's just too pretty and partly because I'm just a clean and simple girl who doesn't use a lot of embellishments/ribbons on her cards.  This past week I have been working on another baby scrapbook - yep, another one - so I wanted to figure out a page that I could use ribbon on.  Must admit I'm pretty excited with how this turned out...

Here's the left page.  My idea is that they will place a photo on the top half of the pages. The bottom paper is from the 2016-2018 Envelope Paper pack.  As you can see I used the No Bones about It stamp set, and the leaves from the Botanical Builder Framelits.

The right side has a blank (and retired) Word Bubble Framelits to be used for a little journaling. I stamped the dinosaurs onto Whisper White cardstock and cut them out by hand with my Paper Snips.

Here's a closeup of the ribbons.  For the base layer I used the 5/8" Burlap Ribbon. The accent piece is Emerald Envy Solid Baker's Twine.


Supplies
Stamp Set: No Bones about It
Paper:  Dapper Denim, Whisper White, Emerald Envy
Ink:  Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy
Big Shot:  Botanical Builder Framelits, Word Bubble Framelits (retired)
Ribbon:  Emerald Envy Solid Baker's Twine, 5/8" Burlap

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you like my scrapbook pages and our blog hop.

1 comment:

  1. Love the look of the burlap and twine...great idea! Thanks for playing along on this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Number of Years

Hello! Our Grand Niece turns 1 today and this is the card I made for her. I know this doesn't look very child like, but I wanted to ...