Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Watercolor Valentine

Hello!  Today I saw Sara Douglas, Stampin' UP! CEO, on a live video on Facebook and she totally inspired me to make this Valentine card. To tell the truth I was a little down in the dumps and her big smile and all that positive energy turned my entire day around! So...thanks Sara!!!


This morning Sara shared how she watercolored on Shimmery White cardstock and I thought it would be perfect for a Valentine card. I chose to use just a dot of Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo and Real Red ink refill.  I dabbed my my very wet Aqua Painter into each on of the inks one at a time and swiped the painter across my paper.  I must admit that for some reason this has always been a hard technique for me, but today it turned out pretty good!  Of course, I had to use the Sealed with Love stamp set and the coordinating Love Notes Framelits Dies to finish the card.


Did you notice how shinny my arrow is?  Yesterday Sara shared another technique adding ink to the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. She made some really cute slime guys by coloring in a stamped image with the colored glue. That got me thinking about that glue. So, I took some Real Red carsick and cut out one of the arrows from the Love Notes Framelits,  then I colored over it with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.  It dried pretty quick and left this shinny arrow!  Turned out even better than I hoped it would. I love this card and owe it all to Sara for getting me moving today!

Supplies
Stamp Set:  Sealed with Love
Paper:  Real Red, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Shimmery White
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo, Real Red
Big Shot:  Love Notes Framelits Dies
Extras:  Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Aqua Painter

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope I have inspired you to try one of these two techniques!

1 comment:

Online Extravaganza Begins!

Hello! I'm usually not too pushy about the selling part of Stampin' Up! since I am really a hobbyist at heart. However, this we...