Wednesday, March 1, 2017

DSC#220 Falling in Love


Hi!  I was so excited about this color challenge because for once I have some DSP with these colors in it!!  It's a double bonus because I bought this DSP and I've hardly used it, now I had a good excuse. 

So, I ended up making two cards because I accidentally used Sweet Sugarplum instead of Blushing Bride! LOL  It wouldn't have been a big deal, but I really wanted to use Blushing Bride!  I love this card and it's matching envelope!  The sentiment is from the All Things Thanks stamp set (I love how perfectly it fit into one of the Stitched Frames Framelits!) and the DSP is called Falling in Love.  My favorite part of this was that the So in Love stamp set has a flower to match the DSP on the right side of the card that I stamped on the envelope. The little flower is from the Blooming' Heart Thinlits set. I even added a piece of ribbon, pretty good for me! Ok, on to the next card...

I used a couple of different pieces of the DSP and flip flopped the arrangement on this card.  The sentiment is also from the All Things Thanks stamp set, but this time I stamped it directly onto the DSP using Sahara Sand ink (although it sure looks darker than that).  I used my Big Shot and one of  the Bold Butterfly Framelits to make the butterfly. I thought it looked a little plain so I added little dots of Sahara Sand to it's wings and a Blushing Bridge Baker's Twine bow to top it off.

Supplies
Stamp Set:  All Things Thanks, So in Love
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Sweet Sugarplum, Falling in Love DSP
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Sweet Sugarplum
Big Shot:  Stitched Frames Framelits, Bold Butterfly Framelits, Blooming' Heart Thinlits
Ribbon:  Blushing Bride Baker's Twine, Very Vanilla1/4" Satin Ribbon

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed this week's blog hop.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - I love them both. I'm especially excited that I'm the proud owner of one of them. It's beautiful irl...thank you! Also..Thanks for playing along for this week's Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Connie, love this paper too, now I have to order the paper. I like card #2 more if you are taking a vote tally...

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Happy Birthday

Hello! I've been wanting to make a card like this for a long time now. Not sure what took me so long, but I'm glad I finally made it...