Wednesday, March 15, 2017

DSC#222


Today's challenge was a fun one. I've always enjoyed using Watercolor Pencils and I am so glad that SU! has brought them back!

The first thing I did was to stamp my image onto Watercolor Paper with Jet Black Stazon Ink.  I then took an Aqua Painter and some Pool Party ink and colored the background. Next, I colored in the flowers using the Watercolor Pencils. Last I used my Aqua Painter once again to go over where I used the pencils. Here's how my card turned out...

I used the Birthday Blooms stamp set and colored it in with the Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Calypso Coral pencils.

Here's something I almost never do...share the inside of the card. I just decided to spruce things up a bit and add a thin watercolored strip to the inside too. I have another Watercolor Pencil project to share in a couple of days, so stop back.

Supplies
Stamp Set:  Birthday Blooms
Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Watercolor Paper
Ink:  Jet Black Stazon, Calypso Coral, Pool Party
Extras:  Watercolor Pencils
Big Shot: Lots of Labels Framelits

3 comments:

  1. Pretty card Connie. I love the combination of the Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Calypso Coral colors together. Very pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever of you to take a piece of the front panel and add it to the inside of the card! Definitely going to CASE this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Connie. That's a perfect stamp for the pencils. Also like the way you cut the paper to use on both the outside and inside...brilliant! Thanks for playing along with this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

DSC#257 Card Box

Hello! I knew exactly what I was going to make as soon as I saw this challenge. Stampin' Up! has these wonderful Acetate Card Boxes...