Tuesday, April 18, 2017

April's Paper Pumpkin

Hello!  Yesterday I got April's Paper Pumpkin and this morning I made a few cards using the kit.  This one was designed by Stampin' Up! CEO Sara Douglas and I have to say she did a great job!

This was my favorite design of the three.  The card peaking out on the right has a paper flower instead of one of the acrylic ones that came with the kit. I know I am mailing this card and thought it would be difficult with the thick flower embellishment.  This kit was all about water coloring.  The watercolor paper came already embossed (the shiny part) which made this so easy. We got four watercolor pencils and a nice brush too!

I like all the layers on this card - not something I normally do a lot of, so it was a nice change for me. When I was done I thought to myself that I really need to use some of my DSP I've been hoarding and make more cards with layers! LOL - wish me luck with that!!!

I'm not a big fan of hearts and for the life of me I could not get the watercoloring exactly how I wanted it (you know, like the sample in the kit!!!) so this card is my least favorite, but it's still nice.  I did make this card for someone special and I think she will like it.

That's it for today. This was a really fun kit and I bet we'll see a lot of wonderful alternatives around the web.  Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DSC#228 Special Reason

Hi! What a great color challenge we have for today!  I love this bright, cheerful combo. I've seen quite a few of these types of ca...