Saturday, April 22, 2017

Oh So Succulent Shadow Box

Hello!  Since Easter is over I decided it would be a good idea to change my shadow box. When I saw the Succulent Garden Suite in the Occasions Catalog it was one that didn't do much for me, so I didn't order it. Then of course (this happens a lot!!) I started seeing all the beautiful things that SU! demonstrators were making with it, so I caved and bought it even though I know that it will not be in the new annual catalog. So, if you like my project, and want to make your own, you only have until May 31, 2017 to order it.
Here it is...I'm pretty excited with how this turned out. The Crumb Cake base measures 8" x 8". I did a little stamping on it using the Oh So Succulent and Timeless Textures stamp sets.  I cut some 1/8" strips of Crumb cake cardstock and crinkled them up and glued them onto the backs of the succulents before gluing them onto the base.

Here's a close up of the succulents.  The top one was made with Rich Razzleberry cardstock and I sponged the edges with Garden Green and White ink. The bottom left was cut out of Wild Wasabi cardstock. I sponged all of the pieces with the same color ink all over and then sponged the edges with Rich Razzleberry and White ink. The bottom right was cut out of Garden Green cardstock and sponged all over in the same ink and then I also sponged the edges with Rich Razzleberry and White ink.  I used my bone folder to curl up the edges before gluing it together.

Here it is framed. I have it displayed in my foyer and every time I pass it it cheers me up. This was one of those projects that turned out a well as I hoped it would. When I have some time I think a wreath would be fun to make too.

Supplies
Stamp Sets: Oh So Succulent, Timeless Textures
Paper: Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Rich Razzleberry
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Rich Razzleberry, White
Big Shot:  Succulent Framelits Dies

Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DSC#232 Custom Tee

Hello!  When I first saw this week's color challenge I grabbed some flower stamp sets to work with. Then I thought I should take a ...