Wednesday, August 2, 2017

DSC#242 Ink Refills


Hello!  Boy, I cannot wait to see what my fellow STARS do with this week's challenge. Ink refills are just not for re-inking your stamp pads...they have all kinds of other uses too.  My favorite thing to do with them is to color ribbon. Yep, that's right. Add a few drops to some rubbing alcohol and you can color ribbon and Baker's Twine. This really comes in handy if you are like me. It seems I never use the ribbon I have, but I always need one I don't! Ha!

 Here are the supplies you need: rubbing alcohol, ribbon or twine,  cup, and a ink refill.

I just put a little rubbing alcohol into my cup and add 3-4 drops of ink and stir. You can add less/more to get the shade of ribbon you would like. You don't need to let it sit too long either, just a minute or two.

Next I lay the ribbon out flat to dry. This step doesn't take too long either.  The top ribbon was Very Vanilla Lace Trim, and the bottom was Whisper White Baker's Twine.

I've added both to my card.  Look how nice they match the beautiful Naturally Eclectic DSP. 


Supplies
Stamp Set: Colorful Seasons
Paper:  Soft Sky, Whisper White, Night of Navy, Naturally Eclectic DSP
Ink: Night of Navy, Berry Burst, Peekaboo Peach (refill)
Ribbon: Very Vanilla 1/2" Lace Trim, Whisper White Baker's Twine

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed the blog hop and got some great ideas for your next stamping project!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to dye the ribbon and twine, Connie! Thanks for playing along with this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Mitten Banner

Hello! Just a quick post today showing you this cute little mitten banner I made using the Many Mittens Framelits Dies and my Big shot. ...